Lan tournament on urt

For all random banter.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lan tournament on urt

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi people,

The game might not be in best shape for my proposition, but that's an opportunity we just recieve and I come to you in order to know if anybody as both the will and the possibility to make it.

Just a bit of background first : one year ago, fk team joined aera eSport structure. A month ago, that structure won the Shootmania ESWC tournament, and gained visibility from some others eSports structure. We were contacted by a Lan organisator team that noticed aera had a UrT squad. As they were interested to have some minor tournament on the side of their lan, I was asked to details in order to know if that project was doable. And I meet this guy this weekend. By that time, I have to know how many teams I can resonably have for such a tournament.

So here are the details (some of them are approximatives) :
- The date is not known yet, but it will be during a weekend, probably early 2015. The localisation is Velizy, it's near Paris (about 30 minutes from Paris by car, 45 minutes in groups transports).
- Like most of the LAN, it's a BYOC (Bring your own computer), so yeah, people must bring their computer.
- It's a tournament LAN, meaning you can go with 2 friends and play, you must signup with a team of at least 5 players. I don't have any infos about the price, but like all the lan of that shape, it should be between 20-40 euros per person.
- There will be some cashprize, the amount will depend of the number of teams.
- Cheaters will be allowed to participate. Not like i like that, but it was a question I was asked on urt.fr forums. Players banned from competitions websites or urt.info get legit operation will be allowed to participate. Cheats won't be allowed on LAN ofc.

As I said, I know the game is dying, and this LAN would have been way better if it was organized 2 years ago. That being said, that might be the only opportuny we'll had to have a urt tournament on lan. And more than that, if we leave a good impression to the lan organizers, we can also imagine some others tournament when the UrT HD game will be out. That's just an opportunity that was unexpected, and it will be the only one we'll have.

So, what do I expect from you ? Of course, I can't expect anyone to say « Yeah, I'm gonna come from sure » without giving any date. What I expect is teams leaders talking to their players and ask them not only if they want to come, but also if they CAN come (meaning transport the PC, havin money for it and stuff). The last urt.fr was cancelled because people signed up and cancelled at the last moment, I can't let that happen with the credibility on my organisation on the line. So please, do it properly, ask your players, ask them now and fast, and come back to me to know if you want to go.

I'm meeting the lan organisers this weekend, I need to know a realistic numbers of teams that will participate before that moment.

Shoushou

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Lan tournament on urt

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:13 am

- Cheaters will be allowed to participate. Not like i like that, but it was a question I was asked on urt.fr forums. Players banned from competitions websites or urt.info get legit operation will be allowed to participate. Cheats won't be allowed on LAN ofc.

Downuri tavu tu pourras rejouer a urt

En tout cas sérieusement gl shoushou pour ton projet ! Et qui (comme dirait stealer ) risque de relancer urt

Niima
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:09 pm

It's a bit short notice, but sounds great

i play bots everyday. nowhere to play that aint 250 ping

xesya
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:24 pm

A lot of "fun" to play LAN with a bunch of young f****s. Enough monitors. Much more fun to spend time on the night club for adults.

KronoZ
Donor 4
Donor 4

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm

You do what you want with your free time Kronoz. But last time I checked on urt.info, you played twice more than I did during 4.2 era Very Happy

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:42 pm

#SuperUrtGeek
#TrainMore
#Kappa
#glShoushou

Niima
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:12 pm

iIF XITERS ARE ALLOWED.........

v1per and the shorty want to go to lan !!!!
there is someone who work at the airport to get some free tickets?
shorty want to see the Eifel tower and I want to see biddle red butt !! at least so they say !! I have not seen !!!
if there is any help for tickets we think about going to lan !!!!
we are both unemployed that is no money but with plenty of free time !!oooooooooooooo by the way we want night clubs too

muahahahahahaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexligapt

Post Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Let FS take the power back

okay, this is mostly for the french community

Rhinestone
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Anybody give me free flying tickets? and Downuri come to lan and show them that you don't cheat ;D

.RkQ
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Rhinestone, this is obviously most aimed at the french community, but I really hope to see people from the near countries coming as well : some of my teamates don't even live in France, this is just a question of motivation Smile
From people in South UK, or Netherlands, Belgium, Swiss, Germany mostly, but maybe Spain Portugal and Italy as well, it's an opportunity, we probably won't have any others on UrT. Except if this one goes well, we could imagine some regulary lans, as the organizers do organize some pretty often.

But let's move on : I had my talk with the organizing team, and the news are pretty good compared to what I was expected Smile
The lan will probably take place around late February / beginning of March.
The room where the lan will take place can receive around 100 players. The goal of the organizing team is to have half of this occupied for a UrT tournament, so around 8-10 teams.
I asked about the prices as well, and these are just indications (not confirmed) : players tickets should be around 20e, non-players tickets around 5e. It's impossible to sleep in the room but the team have partnership with hotels next to it (room with 4-5 places for 30-35e by night).

I know as well this is a competitive lan, which can block some players, let's say the less experimented. I'll be in charge of some parts of organizations and will make it interesting for everybody Smile

Hope to see some of you coming Wink

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:16 am

- .RkQ
Anybody give me free flying tickets? and Downuri come to lan and show them that you don't cheat ;D

Ahah +1

Niima
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 am

i'll be there

bzegs
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm

- bzegs
i'll be there

The moment I announced cashprize I knew you'll come.

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

I think 10 teams isn't that hard to have (fr community is the biggest here). Try to speak with some dudes that made the lan party in Paris back in 2012 ... It will be easier for you to handle it.

Also if this takes a step ahead, it needs to be advertised a lot (on feb or march? start working)

I'll just wait for UrTHD on steam ::)

Rhinestone
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 pm

- xesya
It's a bit short notice, but sounds great
R.I.P. Urban Terror *1999 - †2014 Don't say that man Sad

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox