UZ 2on2 tournament #2

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

UZ 2on2 tournament #2

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:43 am

It's two months ago since we had the first one-day tournament. I was surprised how well it went so time for a repeat!
I don't have a specific date or time in mind yet, before we pick a date and time I'd like to bounce some idea's off of you.

For the upcoming tournament I'll donate another €20 because I think that the money is a great incentive to play serious, show up on time and follow the rules.
Last tournament we had a massive prize pool thanks to the donations during the stream <3 , but this gave me an idea.

There's a website called matcherino.com/ which allows you to host a crowdfunded e-sports tournament. There are two (minor) drawbacks, they take 4% and you need a twitch account.
What they offer is similar to kickstarter, backer rewards, stretch goals and a neat website of course. Do we want to host it there?

Secondly it inspired me to come up with some idea's to thank the donators, these idea's can also be realised without their website (just a little bit more work for me). If you have idea's or feedback feel free to share!

Rewards
Title: Impatient YouTuber!
We email you the link on YouTube 48 hours before it goes public.
€2,00

Title: Skip the queue!
You won’t have to queue up with the plebs for [insert date and time]. Your signup for the tournament is guaranteed! Note: please check that you are available on the date of the tournament!
€10,00

Title: Director – Round 1
You choose one of the matches that gets shoutcasted in Round 1.
€5,00

Stretch goal
When donations are €50+ second spot also get's a percentage.
When donations are €100 the final will be a best of 5.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Re: UZ 2on2 tournament #2

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Seven !
I hope this second tournament will be, like the first, a success !

Your ideas are really well ! The fact that the donator can chose a match will add something like suspens in the competition

On a second hand i guess I have an idea for you.
The donator will be like a sponsor for a player. He choses a player and follows him in all the tournament, choses his opponents round after round or something like that
This idea can be upgraded or edited

GL & HF
I wait the date now Very Happy

Ev0k

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi seven,

The stream could be more interesting imo especially on a 1 day event like the 2 vs 2 if the stream would feature a video feed from the shoutcaster(s).

It will bring a more personal touch to the stream also perhaps it is nice to just invite some guests to the stream, talk in general about urt / HD maybe involve FS members on a separate stream about urt in general and maybe just play on a pickup or something so players that watch the stream can join the game.

Like that game the other day but just play urban terror instead, i'm willing to share my idea's and even help the streaming in general if needed.

Greetz,

Killspree

killspree007

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Yeah killspree

Something like pickups and just try to get many players and play urt

Also, the idea to make players join the talk and speak about the game and you... Should be interesting !

Ev0k

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Yeah well It would be nice imo if there would be FS members online to talk about dev.

Have like a 1 hours stream and 30 min dev talk / urt talk players can ask FS about urt / HD.

30 mins play a pickup have some fun just do what we like play the game.

killspree007

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:05 am

Good luck!

swaginacup
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:50 am

Ye maybe you didn't understand my post but it doesn't seem like i'm the one in need of luck.

killspree007

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 am

FYI this event is delayed due to that I'm moving house.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 am

This is going to happen either on the 2nd or 9th of October. I expect to publish the details and open the signups upcoming Sunday (25th). If there are any community members who would make their servers available on either of the sundays that would be great since we need 8. If these is no opposition to hosting it through matcherino I'd like to test that.

I'd like to invite the community to give their input regarding maps. You have until midnight of saturday to provide your input.

Pool 1 - Turnpike, Abbey, Austria
All of these maps got played so unless someone has a good reason/suggestion I think we can leave it as is.

Pool 2 - Algiers, Prominence, Herring
Prominince got played at least twice, maybe we can leave it in. Herring didn't get played so it's out.

Pool 3 - Tohunga, Mykonos, Baeza (all played at least once)
All of these got played, Baeza was very nice IIRC, since Mykonos has been updated for 4.3 I'd like to keep it in.

Pool 4 - Uptown, Prague, Casablanca
Since no screenshots were uploaded for these matches I have no idea which got played. Imho we could replace all of them.

Pool 5 - Railed, Orbital_sl, kaysersberg_a2
Unfortunatly we didn't get to see kaysersberg being played so it's out.

I'd like to include Paris in one of the custom lists since it has been updated for 4.3. Killroom and twbb would be nice too imo.

In a previous there were discussions about good 2on2 maps, the lists are below.

@Szjedi - I know we had a long talk on IRC about maps, since I moved house I can’t find that log anymore.

- Biddle
Confirmed and played 2v2 maps:
Dressingroom
Fastfight
Killroom
Mandolin
Pg227
Prague
Prominence
Tohunga_b8
Trug
Twbb

Additional suggestions:

- The small KO maps: ut4_tharsia_ko_b1 / ut4_eyasarcade / ut4_evil_mini_circus -> need to check ts spawns

- trux0rt

GOOD MAPS ~ Maps I tested and look great to play 2v2s on:

1) ut4_baeza - battles nearby the "Gazeebo" (map location - also on loadingscreen) look pretty interesting in my eyes for a 2v2!
2) ut4_battlefront - just a classing battlefield map, pretty simple but great for 2v2's.
3) ut4_bilbo_rough - interesting map, builds up stress since it's a pretty big one but thats no problem because it's an open map. Staying together is really important on this map!
4) ut4_castles_um5t2 - great mirrorred map for a 2v2, obstacles, not too big or small.
5) ut4_commune_fixed - a beautiful looking map which is pretty big but really excited to play mainly because of the Fountain area which could be a great spot for a battle Smile
6) ut4_derelict_b1 - great small map, perfect with good communication and seems like a fun map to rush and make use of nades!

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:03 pm

- SevenofNine
Pool 4 - Uptown, Prague, Casablanca
Since no screenshots were uploaded for these matches I have no idea which got played. Imho we could replace all of them.

They were each played at least once.

Biddle
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Will this tournament be played on 4.2 or on 4.3?

Kyros

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:20 am

4.3 in there aren't huge bugs

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Page 1 of 1