sevenofnine, the glorious commentator

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: sevenofnine, the glorious commentator

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 am

To everyone who commented by now to this thread:

I am aware that you are more or less strongly linked to Urban Zone and some of you even actively support it. But the video is unnecessary and highly disrespectful towards us. I am not the only one who feels that way.
I am also disappointed that all of you try to discuss it with me without even watching the video or just parts of it while missing the crucial things.
This discussion doesn't seem to get anywhere, but I want either sevenofnine or anyone who is responsible to stand their position and tell us why they choose to act this way. It might be a utopic wish, but I don't see any other way to solve this issue.
For you it might not be a problem, but for us this video was a punch under the beltline. A cheap and disgusting one.

Edit: Also claiming that b00bs let us win some rounds on Subterra is a joke.

Drain

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 am

I would have preferred to explain myself in a private message but since this discussion has already gone this far in public lets continue it here.

I wonder what your opinion was of me before I streamed your match, I doubt you thought I’d intentionally treat people like shit. If that was the case then you were right. Now to answer your points, you also messaged Biddle in IRC, I’ll reply to those points too.

“it’s not worth it”
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s not worth playing the rest of a bomb game when a team reaches 11. I’ve said this in nations cup matches, I’ll say it in league matches. How invest are you as player to continue playing when you lost the map? I’m sure more will answer that they aren’t. As a former admin, I should have changed the rules so that people don’t waste their time on meaningless rounds.

“on hard fought rounds b00bs let us win”
Did I say this? I wonder in what context, if it was after boobs were 11 ahead my apologies. If it was after, see point above, not invested in the game after reaching 11.

Camera is 90% on b00bs
I’m glad to hear you were listening to the start of the stream about me talking about losing subscribers, that’s twitch btw, not youtube, that’s going good  But anyway back to the point, I also said I was doing GTV, streaming, shoutcasting etc, I’m bad at multitasking, that’s why I normally have a cameraman. But there’s your explanation. It sounds simple to just click and talk but I’m not a smart man, hence I stopped playing urt

I chose your match because it was the only match at 20:30 and I’d like to cast some bomb now and then to show urt is more than just ctf. With regard to GTV being present, I’m going to hide behind rules, but there are more arguments I could give:
5.F.2 Staff Presence in the Server
Teams are not allowed to refuse the presence of Urban Zone staff - in this case referees and GTV - during their matches. Staff take priority over the teams' substitutes. Teams that actively prevent staff from observing their match (repeated kicking, ban) will lose the match in question by forfeit. If requested, teams are obligated to provide league referees with server rcon.

Ps. That people disagree with your interpretation of the stream doesn’t mean they “haven’t seen the video”. They might just simply disagree. I disagree with your interpretation as well because it’s not my intention, but that’s beside the point. You found it disrespectful, that was not my intention, I’m sorry about that, I hope you accept my apology.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 am

From my point of view the only mistake by 7o9 was to stream that match at all.

Chiko

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:29 pm

- Chiko
From my point of view the only mistake by 7o9 was to stream that match at all.

XD

swaginacup
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 am

First of all, I want to thank you that you found the time to answer to this thread.

The reason, why I chose the public way, is because I don't expect you to care enough about us to really consider a change in your methods (we already saw in the video how much you cared about us). Maybe it's also because I am biased in knowing the methods of past UZ admins to solve problems. In fact I already tried it this way in the past where one of you has mistaken me with a cheater from the same country and I don't know what caused the one admin to think that way until today. But that's another story and rather old.
Anyway, another reason why I didn't directly contact you is to get more resonance from other players and to eventually raise awareness for other rather new teams to know about your work and how teams get enforced to get talked bad about in public without having the chance to do anything against it (Yes, I already knew about this rule you mentioned before). So either we accept to get recorded and uploaded with a one-sided commentary or we accept a loss by forfeit.

Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know every round is taken into account to decide about victory. So hoping to not "play this whole thing to the end" is not understandable for me. I also don't know who you think you are to decide wether it's a good or bad idea for all teams to play a match to the end. Mainly because of the reason I mentioned earlier in the text we are thankful for every round we can play together as a team. I suggest you let the teams decide wether it is 'unnecessary' or not.

By the way, I didn't even know about you before the match and I didn't know who sits behind the commentary/video.

Now to the point of letting us win:
Did you know about it for sure or did you just guess into the blue? Or maybe you already know how b00bs play in general.
Regardless of what brought you to say something like this: for me it's plain unfair to claim something like this where we tried hard to win some rounds. And I can't remember b00bs having problems with playing the whole match to the end. At least nobody said something in this direction. Maybe you should just stop the stream at this point in future to prevent you getting bored.

I also agree with the commenters before that it was a mistake to record this match. But I also ask myself what you initially expected as an outcome. If you stream boring matches and dislike it, you should maybe not do it in the first place.
And I am sure you are smart enough to know that b00bs will eventually destroy a new, rather unknown team. Be prepared for this scenario next time and you will not bore yourself to death while commentating a match from the view of b00bs. And it more importantly doesn't cause a public humiliation of new teams.

In the end I accept your apology, because you considered to critically think about what you have done. If you change something or not is up to you.

Drain

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:47 am

- Drain
I don't expect you to care enough about us to really consider a change in your methods...

- Drain
Anyway, another reason why I didn't directly contact you is to get more resonance from other players...

- Drain
By the way, I didn't even know about you before the match and I didn't know who sits behind the commentary/video.

For someone who "didn't know me" you sure had an opinion ready about me expecting that I wouldn't care, I hope my replies prove the opposite. Please note that most people who do know me actually did not resonate with your opinion. I wonder if this has actually sunken in.

- Drain
Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know every round is taken into account to decide about victory.

It might, only if you are level on points with another team. This is why I would recommend a similar system to CS:GO. Once, in this case, b00bs has the 11 points you are no longer a threat for them, so they'll play less serious, it's only human. But they won't take into account that their "less serious" play might have repercussions for other teams. Aside from that I am entitled to an opinion so i'll share it, I'm sure most of my viewers and probably most of the players have a similar opinion. Of course this is my interpretation, out of the blue as you may call it, but it's based on hundreds of hours of shoutcasting. Yesterday was another example where adx started playing with sr8 only or knife when the win was secured.

- Drain
I also agree with the commenters before that it was a mistake to record this match.

I couldn't disagree more, an example yesterday I shoutcasted snc. vs o1., a match that in all fairness people expect to go to snc., it did, no big upset there. But it's for moments like this one that I love shoutcasting. Everyone wants to see an upset. So you can't pick and choose which matches you wanna cast, especially not when this is the only match on. It's a drawback of a lack of divisions/teams.

Once more, I'm sorry you interpret my shoutcasting as disrespectful to you that was not my intention. I'd like to leave it at that.

Last edited by SevenofNine on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 am

Nah there is a difference between two d1 teams facing each other with one being clearly favorite, and one d1 team facing a new team. You could expect an upset in any of d1 TS matches, some of them already happened. But nxu had simply no chance, that's not the same skill difference. Still a good experience for them, not for the viewers.

Sasuke
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Adx starts to play with knife to have an excuse to be bottomfragger.

Chiko

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 pm

- Chiko
Adx starts to play with knife to have an excuse to be bottomfragger.

Sry I was IGL ..

Adriix

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am

Hi,

1. On the topic of "disrespect".
7of9 is always using that same line "I hope they wont play till the end" when shoutcasting BOMB matches, as soon as it is clear who won the map (whichever team reaches 11 points on the map). There are many bomb match streams on yt and you'll notice it in almost all of them.
So at least you can know that this part was not geared towards you guys in particular... and I believe that in general he is not even meaning anything bad with it.

I know Seven is not even liking b00bs much, but most of his favorite teams from past got disbanded because their players got caught cheating and whatnot.
Leaving camera on duhfysa or whoever most of the time was just him fishing to some great move / play for entertainment value.
I'm pretty sure he didn't have i'll intent towards you guys.

I strongly believe that it should be left to the two teams involved to decide whether they will stop the map on 11th point or continue playing till 20'th round.
There is no reason to change the rules in league, there is no reason to do it because viewers are supposedly bored. I've never seen people commenting negatively about watching few more rounds.
Considering how much time is being spent on scheduling day and time, arranging match, dealing with opponents and teammates, it would be stupid to add rules taking out those few minutes of play time.

As far as I know, none of [b00bs] did anything disrespectful towards any of you guys. Actually it was quite opposite from the very start.
When we were talking about you guys, Am!sh said he's playing sometimes on your servers, me and dufi went there to play few times.
I approached Ach to organize the match, went on your communication tool, super nice tone with all the greetings, have a nice weekend, holidays this and that.
I am rarely trying to come out as pleasant person... Ask anyone...

During the match I was multi tasking, organizing about the other two matches for the night etc, so I didn't really pay close attention and might have missed some moments... but I believe the guys behaved correctly and didn't insult anyone.

"Let them win few rounds"... I mean, after I heard map1 score was 19:1 I said privately on our teamspeak something along the line "don't do that anymore, let them get some rounds". But that was gentleman sportmanship move and not disrespectful towards you guys. They didn't stay afk / played with knife / intentionally not shoot or do stupid things like that, they just didn't try their hardest to win few rounds. Btw, it may as well happen that they didn't even listen to me, that they did their best...

As for our guys suggesting kosovar for player of the match, again, nothing bad there from our side, it wasn't sarcastic move...
It's just that he is the one from your team we've seen (in competitive) play over the years. I remembered his nickname because of Kosovo...

2. GTV
I did not request GTV / stream for this match.
In fact, I've never asked for any match.

Few years ago I was actively against it, because of the way it was done.
Way too many people had password for gtv servers, bunch of urt-tv crew and all their friends.
When logs were examined for gtv servers, there were 30-40 different IP's logged during few weeks.

Even when the password would be changed, I was able to access gtv channel that showed real time match without delay, and I'm sure there were few others...
There were matches when it would happen that there are at the same time 5,6 people watching the match over gtv in real time / admin mode.
There were some matches when gtv cameraman was on teamspeak with one of the teams that was playing the match.
Vast majority of this urt scene is not tech savvy, they didn't knew it is possible to get remotely list of usernames on teamspeak and gtv...

There were few clear cases of gtv abuses, most of them were not publicly disclosed...
In past I'd always insist on knowing who will be gtv cameraman and would not care if I know the guy doesn't like / hates b00bs or has some beef with me.
As long as I'd know who he was and could remember seeing him in the game / community for some times.
I would typically refuse all those "new hopes" with 3 week old accounts on UZ, no known history with the current id / nickname.

My opinion is that teams should be allowed to refuse GTV, but rules are stating differently.
And since some time ago (years even) I don't think there are abuses with it... and I don't care much anyway.

Anyway...

This is game, play it and have fun.
Urban Zone League is e-sport competition. Sometimes you win, sometimes you do not.

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. www.youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. www.twitch.tv/b00bsclan .::. www.twitter.com/b00bsclan .::.
www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

The-spiki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:40 pm

I think after all nobody has the fucking right to talk shit about 7o9, the only reason why this game isnt offline yet. Now get out haters.

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:28 pm

- trux0rt
I think after all nobody has the fucking right to talk shit about 7o9, the only reason why this game isnt offline yet. Now get out haters.

nub shutap drain has a point

Colony
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 am

Seven is mean and i hate him

bzegs
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:21 am