To the developers and administrators

For all random banter.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

To the developers and administrators

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:20 am

Hey folks, hope you're doing well.

A few of you might still remember me and probably for all the wrong reasons. Not here to appologize or tell sob stories. I was a fucking asshole and I got banned because I cheated, and hurt the community by doing so. No excuse.

I just wanted to write this little message to say a little thank you to the UZ admins and the actual Urban Terror developers (not sure if they'll read this so i'd probably better off posting this on their actual forums) for all the years of hard and honest work for absolutely fucking nothing in return. I'm not even kidding, with all the shit going on in the gaming industry nowadays with all the cancerous microtransactions, pay to win bullshit and so on and so forth, it reminds you how lucky we all were and still are to have this game around with people willing to put in work completely for free just for our amusement.

I'm not exactly sure how the game is doing nowadays but I wish all the best for you folks. This is without a doubt one of, if not the most underrated game out there. Definitely the most underrated one I've ever seen. I've had so much fun throughout the years on this game and to this day Urban Terror remains as the best game I've played. Have not been able to play a single other FPS game outside of this one because this one set an incredibly high standard with its unique style, especially regarding the movement. It's also defintitely the game where I've spent the most amount of hours on. I've played CSGO in the past, and it was just so fucking slow and boring compared to UrT. Honestly don't get all the hype around that game, it's trash compared to this.

I've recently turned 21, and I know a lot of years have gone by and I'm not sure where all of you are at right now, some of you have gone off to college since a few years back, some of you probably got kids by now, not even sure. It's a pretty insignificant thing and I don't want this to sound ridiculous but this game and the community meant quite a lot to me at the time as I'm sure it did for a lot of you as well and I sincerely hope you all are doing well.

Miss hearing Sevenofnine's shoutcasts and I miss how fun it was at the time to watch those streams on twitch or just the GTV coverage of the matches, even though I wasn't playing in them myself because I was fucking useless without aimbot it was still fun to watch the likes of SuTaFFu or rYuuJiN from good old ]Vz[ and even some other old clans like puzz*, =SC=, etc.
Oh, and tarquin too. Definitely can't forget about tarquin.

What a fucking unique game this is and I can see the community is still alive and well and for that I congratulate everyone involved in this because holy shit, you guys rock.
This right here still remains the place where you can get the most honest gaming experience you can get out there. No bullshit, no one shoving loot boxes down your throat, just competition.

For all the devs that have worked hard on this game and that have released more updates on a completely free to play game than so many other bs games out there and that are actively (to my knowledge) working hard on Resurgence, hope you make it because you deserve everything you've worked for and much more in return. I have no doubt that if they ever release that version, and if that version is as good as the current version is, it will absolutely take off, especially if it's on Steam.

Thanks for all the good times and hope you're all doing well, miss you all

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Re: To the developers and administrators

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 am

Nice to find someone that's still passionate or still feel passionate about the game. Well said.

swaginacup
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:32 pm

I think most of us who still play this game would say the same thing. best wishes.

ThomasE-Warfare
Donor 3
Donor 3

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Never expected to see you posting here

crimzon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words! You might not believe me but I don't hear such comments very often so they're always inspiring as well as a new burst of motivation for the whole dev team.

No matter what you did in the past, I hope that you'll give Resurgence a try once the public alpha is out. Smile

Barbatos

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:55 pm

It's good that you come to apologize and encourage people who want to evolve the game. Everyone does not do it for the same reasons, but in all cases it is for an honest purpose. There are so many people who have spit on the work of both the competitive community and the game development..

Finally.. welcome to you among us and I hope that the game will evolve in the right direction 🙄

SachkaHDDEV
Donor 3
Donor 3

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:09 am

- Barbatos
Thank you for the kind words! You might not believe me but I don't hear such comments very often so they're always inspiring as well as a new burst of motivation for the whole dev team.

No matter what you did in the past, I hope that you'll give Resurgence a try once the public alpha is out. Smile

I know you don't mate because it's extremely easy to take you guys for granted. It was so easy to take this game for granted back in the day, and to this day I have not been able to have as much fun with any other game as I've had with this one. It still amazes me to this day the amount of work that was put into this game by so many hard working people who never had had nor wanted anything in return, whether it be you guys, the developers, who created such a unique game, or even the people who worked really hard to build a competitive community and that have kept it running still to this day. It's just amazing coming back to these websites every once in a while just to see that everything is still the same, nothing's changed, the community is still run by people who enjoy gaming and who want to have a good time and that do all of this just for the love of it. I could be mistaken but as far as I know (and believe me I've looked elsewhere) this is the only place left in the internet where this is still a reality. This place is still oldschool, just pure gaming, and it simply doesn't exist out there anymore, because it's not where the money's at.

So many people out there are without a doubt looking for a game like this and they just haven't found it yet, and I have no doubt in my mind that when you guys release Resurgence and if it has enough reach, people will absolutely love trying this game out because there's no other game like this, and I trust you guys fully with this and I hope you guys are able to achieve exactly what you intend.

I really am very thankful for all the great years of entertainment Fenix, Biddle and other devs have provided us just for the sake of our amusement and I wish more people would acknowledge that, and I feel sorry for those who are trapped on their shitty pay to win games spending all their money on loot boxes and stuff like that. They have no idea what they missed out on all these years.

Thanks to everyone else who commented as well, I wish you guys all the best, I still remember a lot of your names and it's fucking nostalgic as hell to come back to this website and the official Urban Terror website and just see that everything's still the same, as I said. It takes me back in time to when I was just a carefree kid, good old times.

And yes, I'll absolutely give it a try once it's out, and I can't wait for it. Good luck with everything mate

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 am

- SachkaHDDEV
It's good that you come to apologize and encourage people who want to evolve the game. Everyone does not do it for the same reasons, but in all cases it is for an honest purpose. There are so many people who have spit on the work of both the competitive community and the game development..

Finally.. welcome to you among us and I hope that the game will evolve in the right direction 🙄

yes mate, and I feel so bad for having done what I did to this community back in the day. there were so many people who cheated, so many people who got away with it. this community didn't deserve this. this game has taken so many hits from dumbasses and it wasn't just in the form of cheating. I remember some really messed up things that people have done to these guys, and yet they still stood firm. no matter how much credit you give to the devs it will never be enough. if i'm not mistaken, this game came out in 1998. that's just unbelievable. it's just one year younger than me and yet it's still alive and well. unreal
best wishes to you mate and thank you for the kind words.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 am

Damn, would almost believe that it ain't the actual dkaaz posting! haha

Awesome topic of yours Smile

And yeah, the only thing that might have changed is the amount of players.. aha, but we all looking forward to playing Urt R!

Zmbiie
World Champion
World Champion

Page 1 of 1