How is everyone doing?

For all random banter.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

How is everyone doing?

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:36 am

Hello. I pop in here once maybe every year/couple of years to post something and I'm genuinely curious to know how many old familiar names from back in the day are still around.

How are you all doing? I hope all is well with you people.

I frequently check this website and the official UrT website for some updates and I can see that the devs are still working hard on Resurgence and that's amazing to see. From what I can see on Google this game was released in 2000 and to think that I'm only 3 years older than this game is crazy. All of you people who have kept the ball rolling have done an incredible job. Both the developers and all of the guys who plan/organize the competitions and who keep the community alive. How many other games have survived this long? I'm pretty sure I said this on the last post I made a couple of years ago but I still feel the same way - I still can't thank everyone enough for all the countless hours of free entertainment I got from this game - not just from me playing it, but also from SevenofNine's legendary streams. I've been watching a few of the matches of this latest Nations Cup on the twitch channel and it always brings a hell of a smile to my face seeing 7o9 still shoutcasting and still enjoying the game. Gave me massive nostalgia seeing the Netherlands with guys like ryuujin, Slazick, Carhum, etc., still seeing my country Portugal doing well as they always have, USA with tarquin and some of the other guys from years back who were some serious heavy hitters, France dominating everyone as they always do - the list goes on and on. It's awesome to see that in a lot of ways, not much has changed since around a decade ago.

I am still yet to have a gaming experience that matches the one I had with this game in the early 2010's. I still can't wrap my head around how all of this was for free. You don't get this anywhere else anymore. I sound like an old fart but the young kids nowadays will never know how fucking awesome our generation of gaming was with games like Urban Terror made by people who were always truly passionate about this project and the community over anything else. The landscape has changed drastically and nothing feels quite the same anymore with other games. Maybe I am just old though.

I genuinely hope that those of you who are still around are doing alright in life and for those who have come and gone from the community and no are no longer interested in Urban Terror I hope you still remember this game as fondly as I do. I don't play anymore because I simply don't have enough time - but I will definitely make some time for when Resurgence comes out and I can't wait for that experience. I hope to see some old friends and enemies coming back as well and being reunited with a lot of you folks.

I wish you all the best, and a massive thank you once again to everyone who has given so much of their free time to this game and its community.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Re: How is everyone doing?

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Hey man,

Glad to see you're still alive Smile

I am fucking busy! Maybe fucking, but probably just busy Smile

- dKaaz

I wish you all the best, and a massive thank you once again to everyone who has given so much of their free time to this game and its community.

So you wish us all the best but only say thanks to Biddle? OK. We also wish you all the best.

See you next year Smile

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. www.youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. www.twitch.tv/b00bsclan .::. www.twitter.com/b00bsclan .::.
www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

The-spiki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:50 pm

xD

SachkaHDDEV
Donor 3
Donor 3

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Hey there guys!
It is cool that Urban Terror is alive. Sometimes I stop myself from downloading the game. Mb one day =) I enjoy Seven's work and all ppl who still playing.
Spiki, btw, I found my old joke-video recently - "How to get in Uptown" xd
Arrow #3LITRA
Arrow #stunningbears @ Quakenet

G-staPRO
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:53 pm

Oh, I forgot it was you who made it. Good video Smile

Where did you find it?

Most of our opponents vanished, so I had to save it on our channel

dufi and I still occasionally sing the song btw Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niEElc1DBk

Can't find the other ones now, I especially like that one with "we have a clan war in 5 minutes"

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. www.youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. www.twitch.tv/b00bsclan .::. www.twitter.com/b00bsclan .::.
www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

The-spiki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:58 am

Hey hey hey dKaaz I still remember playing with you a on Casa very long time ago lol. I finally got a real gaming computer this year, sadly 10 years too late lmao. I moved to counter strike which I enjoy as much as UrT. IRL I'm doing great Smile

I guess there's still no release date for UrT 5? At this point the dream is dead... Anyway I'm very thankful for all the teenagehood memories this game (and UZ) provided me. Cheers!

Brainie
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:47 pm

- The-spiki
Hey man,

Glad to see you're still alive Smile

I am fucking busy! Maybe fucking, but probably just busy Smile

- dKaaz

So you wish us all the best but only say thanks to Biddle? OK. We also wish you all the best.

See you next year Smile

Hello mate I still remember you very well!

We all probably owe you a big thank you as well. As far as I remember I never had any private conversations with you but I do remember your b00bs clan very well and I remember the great contribution it made to the community as a whole. Wasn't it like one of the oldest active clans in the game or something? I at least remember it existing for many, many years. Plus you had some damn good players in there as well. Communities like these can only exist with people like you around. I spent a lot of time in your servers, if I'm not mistaken it was an Uptown only server, which isn't surprising haha. Thanks for making the experience better for all of us. Great times.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:00 pm

- Brainie
Hey hey hey dKaaz I still remember playing with you a on Casa very long time ago lol. I finally got a real gaming computer this year, sadly 10 years too late lmao. I moved to counter strike which I enjoy as much as UrT. IRL I'm doing great Smile

I guess there's still no release date for UrT 5? At this point the dream is dead... Anyway I'm very thankful for all the teenagehood memories this game (and UZ) provided me. Cheers!

Hi! I fully remember your name and I remember seeing you around as well. It's awesome seeing familiar faces around here.

As far as I'm aware, the devs are still actively working on UrT 5. Since they do this as a hobby and they don't really make any money off this, it's understandable that they don't really have a release date and that they're taking their time with things.

My hope is that when they do release it, we can have a big old highschool reunion with all the boys from back in the day. I suspect that a lot of the people who used to be around are still paying attention to what's going on in UrT, despite the fact that they may not play it anymore. Once they all hear the news that the game's coming out, hopefully a lot of them will come around and we can have a good nostalgic time playing with people that we haven't seen years ago, in some cases like 10 years ago.

dKaaz
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:14 am

Hey hey dKaaz(ainda te lembras de mim, saszkee?).
It's 5am and somehow i just had to watch some fragmovies on youtube to get some of that nostalgia back. Was some really fun times I've spent with this game. No idea how it's going anymore, but there are some times, I want to download it again and play it for some weeks.

Best wishes

Saszkee

sh0wtek-

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 am

leo vermisse dich auch <3

Amaru

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:48 pm

ihr seid doch krank

evenlift

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:41 pm

Haha sizzler, gute zeiten gewesen

sh0wtek-

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:01 pm

Am I missing something or are the UZ leagues officially dead?

Nizel
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Page 1 of 1