Admins&Referees

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Admins&Referees

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 am

Today I had a problem that I would have liked to talk over with an Admin or Referee.

But when I joined the IRC-Channel not a single person answered to my request. I know u gotta bring patience to IRC, but more than 15 minutes without even 1 Admin responding is way too much. Especially if we talk about the time when matches start.

I dont want to annoy any admins or referees, so far my experience with consulting u guys was quiet alright and I know its a volunteer-job, but plz: If matches are forced to 22:00, then plz be online at that time, atleast 1 or 2 of u.

I like to point out that this is not a complaint but rather a friendly request and reminder!

Best regards,
Hummel

HummelHeXer

Re: Admins&Referees

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 am

While I, on behalf of all UZ admin, apologize, due to time constraints -- IRL obligations (admin are full-time employers/employees and also students) -- we can't possibly be available 24/7. Occasionally requests will go unanswered. Sorry. Nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Your feedback is noted and appreciated.

Regards
Taven

Taven

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 am

well, you hit that one right home, hummel. matches are indeed forced to 2100 and 2200 CE(S)T. and admins are also players, we wouldn't be really involved with the game if we weren't playing it. sometimes everyone is too busy, that's a fact of life.

in my experience though, reading the rules would help people solve approximately 90 percent of the problems they bring to us. to make things easier, rules are sectioned and headlined, so it's fairly easy to look up things by group. you can even try revolutionary approaches, such as searching the text of rules for keywords related to the problem you are having.

if you are seeking to get a forfeit, again: read the rules, then pm your division supervisor or another referee and if they don't answer, leave a note with essential information and do what the rules tell you to (in this case, take a screenshot of your lineup in a server and upload it in the match page, preferably with a note saying which ref you tried talking to)

eya_allam
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am

I did read the rules and the rules do say to get a referee which is kinda interesting law 2 have, when there aint no possibility to get 1, cuz non are online eya_allam.

What u trying 2 say is: If I had read the rules with more care, I would've done something else and solved the problem myself? Judging from the fact that all my actions were based only on the TS-rules that makes no sense 2 me. If the rules say : Get referee and I cant get referee your answer is: read the rules? o_0

And again, I was just expressing a request and not a complaint. I am very satisfied with the performance of UZ-Admins in the past.

Best regard,
Hummel

HummelHeXer

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

since you still didn't state what the problem was answers are kinda futile, but another thing is that clans nearly always do everything last minute. So instead of preparing your war with the opponent lets say, 30 minutes before the start, it's 15 minutes after what should have been the start, and the admins have to jump in. The reasons why we can't be there are all stated above, even with a group of 15 referee's/admins (of which 7 are maybe active) you still gotta be lucky.

We're just expressing the facts, we realise it's not ideal, but some cooperation between clans + the rules does serve 90% + of the problems.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

I know and it all worked well so far 4 me this way, as I said. But sometimes u just have questions about the rules that need answering from an official. Maybe there is a possibility to always choose atleast some1 who watches the IRC at the beginning of forced matches. I know time is rare and I'm just making a proposal, I don t claim anything, plz keep that in mind. I appreciate the people who do the volunteering referee/admin stuff Smile

HummelHeXer

Page 1 of 1