the UZ site

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

the UZ site

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Tonight I went to a lot of problems regarding organizing a SummerCup match. I think It could be much more easy.

My ideas:

A tab in a drop-down menu for: MY MATCHES + STATUS ( not just a letter like D, A, P, just the full word)

Also it should be easier to challenge a opponent. Just add a big button with: "Challenge this clan for SummerCup" on the profile page of the team.

This way I think the website would be more user friendly. I hope you will use my ideas, thanks for listening.

Vogels

Vogg
Staff
Staff

Re: the UZ site

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

- Vogels
A tab in a drop-down menu for: MY MATCHES + STATUS ( not just a letter like D, A, P, just the full word)

No idea what this means, could you elaborate ?

- Vogels
Also it should be easier to challenge a opponent. Just add a big button with: "Challenge this clan for SummerCup" on the profile page of the team.

Why go to the trouble of finding the team's profile page, just go to the Summer Cup page www.urban-zone.org/ind...p;event=13 and there's a challenge button next to each team right there, what could be easier than that?

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm

- Kendle
- Vogels

No idea what this means, could you elaborate ?

- Vogels

Why go to the trouble of finding the team's profile page, just go to the Summer Cup page www.urban-zone.org/ind...p;event=13 and there's a challenge button next to each team right there, what could be easier than that?

when you hold your mouse on competition for example, there pops up a menu ( as far as i know that is called a drop down menu) here there should be a new link to a new page: MY MATCHES
Here you will find a list with upcoming matches and a list with challenges. For the list with Challenges there should be an easy way to accept or decline the match.

- Kendle

True that is a way, but I do not think it is very easy.

Ooh and by the way declining a match is hard... Maybe i am just stupid, but for me it now happened for the second time that we somehow accepted a match we didn't want to accept. When you hit the reschedule button it seems like it also automatically accepts the match.

Vogg
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

- Vogels
when you hold your mouse on competition for example, there pops up a menu ( as far as i know that is called a drop down menu) here there should be a new link to a new page: MY MATCHES

There should already be a list of up-coming matches in the "User Info" block top left. There should also be a list of your teams in that block. Select a team, select the "Results" tab, and there's your list of challenges, with options to accept / decline.

(bear in mind matches are against your TEAM, not you, and you could be in more than one team, so that's why you're expected to select team first)

- Vogels
- Kendle

True that is a way, but I do not think it is very easy.

Open to suggestions as to what's easier than 2 mouse clicks Shocked

- Vogels
Ooh and by the way declining a match is hard... Maybe i am just stupid, but for me it now happened for the second time that we somehow accepted a match we didn't want to accept. When you hit the reschedule button it seems like it also automatically accepts the match.

Not quite. When you reschedule you're effectively saying to the other team "we accept your challenge, but we'd like to play at a different time". It's then up to the other team to accept or reject the new date / time you've specified. If they accept it the match is accepted. If they don't they can reschedule and you then get to choose whether to accept / reject, and so on.

If you never meant to play the match in the first place then click the link that says "decline". Again, not really sure how much easier that could be. Shocked

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:41 pm

.... I am not asking you how to use this website
I am giving suggestions!!!

Clearly you are not open to them and not willing to change anything.

Have a good day

Vogg
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm open to any suggestion that makes things easier, but I'm not seeing any so far.

If you want challenging to be easier then please suggest a method that's easier than the current one.

If you want declining a challenge to be easier then please suggest a method that's easier than the current one.

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Why is should there be only one way?
I just gave a suggestion for another one, which i think would be usefull

Vogg
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

There isn't only one way, I was pointing out the easiest but there are others.

You should perhaps bear in mind that this is a multi-game, multi-event, multi-team system, and sometimes suggestions like yours make assumptions that are not always going to be true.

For example :-

Just add a big button with: "Challenge this clan for SummerCup" on the profile page of the team.

What about teams that are not playing in the Summer Cup? What if you don't play for a team which is playing in the Summer Cup? What if there are 2 or more competitions active at the moment (like when CTF and TS leagues are running concurrently)?

Last edited by Kendle on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I give up dude
If you dont want to chance anything then i dont care

Vogg
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:03 pm

- Vogels
If you dont want to chance anything then i dont care

I'm happy to change anything, as long as it makes sense, is practical, logical and makes the system easier to use. Not wanting to make the changes YOU suggest doesn't make me not open to suggestions.

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:12 pm

I think it's a shame that with these challenge options people don't contact eachother through irc to discuss matches anymore. But hey, it was implemented due to loads of requests.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm

I've just been looking at the player profile program, on the competitions tab you're supposed to see a list of matches your team(s) are involved in. It appears this tab had a bug which meant it was always empty.

Could someone, anyone, involved in the Summer Cup that has un-played matches, click the "My Player Profile" link in the "User Info" block and then select the "Competitions" tab.

What do you see?

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:26 pm

voila

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Good, that's what you're supposed to see, that's what you've always been supposed to see. Obviously as no-one knew that's what you're supposed to see no-one's mentioned not being able to see it! Surprised

I could make a link in the User Info block that'll take you straight to that page. I can't put it in the drop-down menu cos it's a programmatically created URL (everyone's player ID is different) and the menu system can't handle dynamically generated URLs.

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:02 pm

cool, that's great, no more over populated topics in our priv chan Very Happy thx kendle

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Page 1 of 1