Map list is thx ?

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Map list is thx ?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey, we just met, and this is crazy, but UZL's map selection is bullshit !

For example, in CTF, I will highlight the playable maps in the list:
ut4_abbey
ut4_abbeyctf
ut4_algiers
ut4_ambush
ut4_austria
ut4_casa
ut4_company
ut4_crossing
ut4_docks
ut4_elgin
ut4_harbortown
ut4_kingdom_rc6
ut4_mandolin
ut4_maya
ut4_offshore
ut4_oildepot
ut4_orbital_sl
ut4_prague
ut4_ramelle
ut4_ricochet
ut4_riyadh
ut4_sanctuary
ut4_sliema
ut4_suburbs
ut4_subway
ut4_swim
ut4_thingley
ut4_tohunga_b8
ut4_tombs
ut4_toxic
ut4_tunis
ut4_turnpike
ut4_uptown
ut4_village

Oh, and where is ut4_paris_v2 ?

I could srsly create a random team and play ut4_toxic. Bullshit

If you share my opinion, please say so !

PS: TS players, look out, ut4_wildwest is allowed !

Azle
Donor 1
Donor 1

Re: Map list is thx ?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:49 am

Paris_v2 <3 is definitely missing. Especially as Maya is allowed!!! dafuq.

I agree about you that maybe certain maps should be removed for regular seasons and be allowed only for Summer or Winter cups. But I also like that you have more choice than just TP/Abbey/Algiers.

Slash
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:05 am

Azle your use of the English language never ceases to amaze me, especially the way you put your arguments so eloquently. Keep up the good work! Did you actually read the text relating to this forum area?

Issues and Ideas - Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.

Ow and if you want to play a competition where 6 maps are only allowed.

No doubt you have heard that the urban-zone referee's and admins are talking about this exact same subject, since your timing is rather suspicious, so you thought to grab this opportunity to seek some attention.

ps. Paris in it's current state is so prone to people walljumping to incredible heights that afaik we've requested the mapmaker to clip of these possibilities and then we would allow it.

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 am

Always nice to get some constructive ideas..

We are in the process of looking at the maplist. It's a slow process, but if you have any suggestions for any maps that should be removed, or maps that should be added, pm me.

While there are a lot of maps on the maplist that seem unplayable to a lot of people, we also want to keep a standard that allows teams for a great variety of choice. Only knowing how to play 4/5 maps is in our opinion not enough to keep winning season after season. Clans are allowed to play less conventional maps like Toxic as it is a genuine tactic.

However, like I said, we are looking at the maplist and are trying to get rid of some maps that we deem to be less suitable to be played (don't expect wonders though!).

doornroosje
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 pm

@SevenofNine: Oh! Greatings Shakespear, sure I will calm myself for the debate. No I didn't know you guys were discussing that subject in private, don't be worried.
I understand that there are so many maps allowed for a better variety of choice, but allowing 36 maps is insane.
As Slash said, if you want people to play fun maps, keep it for the summer and winter cups, it's more suited for that.
- SevenofNine
ps. Paris in it's current state is so prone to people walljumping to incredible heights that afaik we've requested the mapmaker to clip of these possibilities and then we would allow it.

Funny you say that, talking about heights: uptown, toxic, subway, suburbs, sliema, riyadh... no heights?

@Slash & doornroosje: It's not only tp/algiers/abbey or casa/orb/tp, there are 7 playable map in CTF and a bit more in TS, something like 10. If you want more, ask mapmakers to stop doing bullshit jumpmaps and start working on good CTF or TS maps.

Azle
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:05 pm

I think the point is that in paris the clipping is done wrong where players can get up to heights that the mapmaper didn't intend. With the examples you mention the mapmaker actually did intend for there to be vertical gameplay.

We are trying our best right now to come up with ideas to extend the maps that are actually playable, as well as discussing which maps are not playable. Please be patient, as we really are working on this. Again, if you have more concrete ideas to make this work, you're free to pm me.

doornroosje
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Guys may i say 1 thing? the new uptown 4.1.1 is dropping too much, why dont we come back to the old one? Its totally useless to have new textures when the 60% of the players have drops in it.

Not saying to delete it, but yesterday i played b00bs and for the first time i had fps drops

peace and love.

Last edited by Taker on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Taker

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Ye, i agree with Taker.

The new uptown 4.1.1 had very drops, the old dont drop it so much :s

sky4

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:08 am

- Taker
Guys may i say 1 thing? the new uptown 4.1.1 is dropping too much, why dont we come back to the old one? Its totally useless to have new textures when the 60% of the pcw has drops in it.

Not saying to delete it, but yesterday i played b00bs and for the first time i had fps drops

peace and love.

I do agree here. Even I have FPS drops and I can play any map with 126 fps, even superman. I got no clue how the mapmaker of the 4.1.1 uptown version managed to get the fpsdrops in? The changes he made were all minor if I'm not mistaken.

About the rest: yes we are discussing it and I feel some maps don't deserve their spot on the maplist. BUT we all know why azle started this (smt with boobs) and I wonder if he is doing the same in clanbase? You might not like uptown, that's all fine, but it has been a map that has been on the maplist forever, both on UZ and CB.

Gnurkus
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Yeah, and more to the point, uptown does actually get played fairly often.
So if your clan doesn't know the map as well as your opponent. I would suggest you play it more.

doornroosje
Staff
Staff

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:42 pm

ye gnurkus, we had 5 players with fps drop.. 1 had 40 fps. I cant belive we have to play a bugged map like that. I do not have fps drops in any other map Very Happy

Taker

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:56 pm

well i think i should defend uptown in here Razz

yepp taker youre right. the fps drops in the new version of uptown sucks quite well... but there are a lot of fixed bugs compared to the old version.

for example, in the old version of uptown, you were able to look through a wall (when you stand on the bridge between hotel and skylight).

and with these fixes, i do prefer the new version. also everyone knows these fps drops, and not just one clan

Pinhead

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 am

I never got any FPS Drops on Uptown.

Man whats wrong with your graphic card Razz

Also there are really maps which arent played often for example: oildepot or crossing these maps are too big for playing a 5v5

Maya is just to complex for every clan :D:D you dont even know where you go Razz

bangarang

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 pm

I think there might be something wrong your your graphics card (or settings) because this is a well known issue for loads of people even with uber pc's Smile

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Page 1 of 1