Feedback regarding Cup System?

Have a problem regarding a match or otherwise with the league or a suggestion for the site/rules/anything? Share and explain it here clearly, collectedly and calmly.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Feedback regarding Cup System?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm

loser bracket

brejnless
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm

- Zwiebi
I don't see, how a double elimination system would make the season much longer. I means, that instead of 3 matchweek there would be 4. Since the group stages are 3 week long, there would be 7 matchweek in total. With a 1 week break between them, the season would be 8 week long. Since the actual normal season usually gets extended by 3 days for the final matches, the cup season would end 4 days after the normal season.
I don't think the larger amount of matches would make the cup season longer. If the teams can't arrange their matches, it doesn't matter if they only have to play 1 match or 16. They will be late anyways. Also, the brackets are running in parallel, and they only connect for the finals, so there wouldn't be more blocking than there is now.
Also, the larger amount of matches actually only means 8 more match compared to the current system.

The display in the example Xesya gave is wrong. The loser bracket can only start AFTER the first round of the winner bracket is played. So let's make the example here:

Groupe stage is 3 weeks. After that you need a week to finish it and to schedule first playoff matches. So let's say 4 weeks. Week 5 is the first round of playoffs. Week 6 is first round of LB and second week of WB. Week 7 is second week of LB and final of WB. Week 8 is LB third round. Week 9 is LB final. Week 10 is grand final. How is that not much longer than normal season? Next to that you will run into extra weeks becasue you can only schedule your next playoff match when you know your opponent. So scheduling for first round of LB can only be there when first round of WB is played.

I'm not saying I'm against this but it's not possible to this before the summer.

Gnurkus
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

- Gnurkus
The loser bracket can only start AFTER the first round of the winner bracket is played.

^ This is exactly the point.

The system you're suggesting (group stage + upper-/lower-bracket) will even be taking longer than a CB Open Cup. I don't see it being realizable as long as UZ is using a league concept for the other divisions.

i play bots everyday. nowhere to play that aint 250 ping

xesya
Donor 1
Donor 1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm

- Gnurkus
The display in the example Xesya gave is wrong. The loser bracket can only start AFTER the first round of the winner bracket is played.

This is what I wrote:
"tl;dr: double elimination system, first 2 of the group upper bracket, bottom 2, lower bracket." They can start at the same time.

- Gnurkus
Groupe stage is 3 weeks. After that you need a week to finish it and to schedule first playoff matches. So let's say 4 weeks. Week 5 is the first round of playoffs. Week 6 is first round of LB and second week of WB. Week 7 is second week of LB and final of WB. Week 8 is LB third round. Week 9 is LB final. Week 10 is grand final. How is that not much longer than normal season? Next to that you will run into extra weeks becasue you can only schedule your next playoff match when you know your opponent. So scheduling for first round of LB can only be there when first round of WB is played.

-3 Week for group stages
-1 Week for making the playoff tree and to schedule the first matches
-3 Week for 3 rounds of playoff matches (8 team [4 match] -> 4 team [2 match] -> 2 team [1 match] in the upper and lower bracket simultaneously)
-1 Week for finals and 3rd/4th place

Total: 8 weeks.

In this case double elimination means, that there are group stages. The playoffs are single elimination.

Zwiebi

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm

So places 3 and 4 will form their own playoff? That would never work. You have 2 kinds of teams on places 3 and 4. First there is a group of dropouts. Obviously those teams (atleast a 2 or 3 sadly enough) can't play and will result in a few forfaits. The second type is the calns not good enough to reach first or second place. Out of those 5 / 6 teams only 1 or 2 will be interested in becoming 'the best loser' in the cup. The rest couldn't care less about becoming the best loser, trust me there.

And if you are suggesting that the lower and upper bracket winner should play vs eachother, that would be an insane rape. The clans getting third and fouth spot got those WITH REASON. It means that the other 8 teams are better than them. They would stand no chance in a final vs the winner of the upper bracket.

Gnurkus
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am

brejnless
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Is it true the matches? That we gonna play it in 4.2 ??? !

Niels
Wannabe
Wannabe

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Niels, it's in the news etc so yea...

SevenofNine
Admin
Admin

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2