Urban Zone › Community Forums › Issues and Ideas › Dont you want some baguette?

Urban Zone

Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Issues and Ideas

Dont you want some baguette?

Dont you want some baguette?

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:20 pm
Author: origin Location: e
Yo everybody.

Well, first of all , nice changes on uz system. Play offs > old system.

But i post this thread for a reason : add paris_v2 on the map pool.

In fact , im a player of /Z/ clan and if you have already played against us , you know that paris is our homemap.
No seriously this map is just amazing. Fast map, where you have to use your brain for moves, for covers etc... Just two words : try it.

How many teams we faced and before pcw they said : omg paris suckz ballz omgggg, and after they said : maybe we lost, but paris is so funny to play?
A lot.

Well, i will have some answers like : "YOLO YOU CAN GO ON BUILDINGS YOLO" or "YOLO I HAVE NO FPS ON THIS MAP YOLO" or "THIS MAP SUCKZ BALZ YOLO"
For the first reason i mentioned, well yes you can. But when you play this map for cw, nobody with a normal brain would go on wallz. Why? because if you know the map, bugs are pretty useless. But tbh, 2 positions are useful (1 for blue side, 1 for red side) : in spawn corners to keep the flag. But imo, it's as hard to reach the flag than on tp.
Second reason : i have 99 problems on maps, but paris ain't one. tohunga : drops everywhere. orbital : same shit.
To all people who think that paris makes you drop fps,
you want my pc? mine is definitly worse than yours.
Third reason : gtfo.

Bonus reason : we decided (/Z/ clan on the initiative of valoo) to play Paris because : fast map, funny to play, lot of cool stuff and unusual map. (i swear , you'll enjoy paris, whereas you shit on uptown (i do.) And the map is in cb map pool Cool Cool

We played a lot of nice teams on Paris such as the new lineup of GG, hg, the swedish team and other randoms pew pew alias. Sometimes we loose, sometimes we win. But at the end, everyone say : paris is definitly an underated map.
That's my opinion too.

Urban zone, make it change.

TL:DR : ADD PARIS TO MAP POOL OR I KILL THE DOG

Re: Dont you want some baguette?

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:26 pm
Author: szejdi
- SevenofNine
Paris in it's current state is so prone to people walljumping to incredible heights that afaik we've requested the mapmaker to clip of these possibilities and then we would allow it.

All of this is bullshit tbh, but maybe you didn't see it before so there you go.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am
Author: anderson Location: Kitchen
I'm also a huge fan of the Paris map. Last season I know there was a discussion among the admins about maps to add- and Paris was on the list of considered maps. In the end though- they decided against it- and I'm not sure all of the reasons. I know there were some people rooting for Paris though- so if it still didn't get put in the map list even with some passionate backers- it's probably not gonna go through at this point.

I would never complain in a PCW about playing Paris though. If I ever get a chance to play it- I love it. Smile Vive le France! Very Happy

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 am
Author: MCTermiG Location: Portugal, Azores
well, I remember pretty bad the times I played paris, so maybe thats why I say it sucks, but I might be wrong

what I remember is from the last summer cup, paris was allowed, and I remember I played for TS, and everyone was on the god damn roofs, with tac goggles, silencer and Idk wtf more, so personally, Im not a big fan of paris atm, but I agree with a version of paris without the roofs

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am
Author: Slash Location: France
I already posted in those forums asking the admins to consider adding it to the maplist and I've been told it's badly clipped. I don't know, I've never had any problems apart from kinda low fps. Paris is a pretty good CTF map and should be added to the maplist. NOT for TS but definitely for CTF (and it is in the maplist and played for Clanbase and UrTLA, other ctf waves competition...)

f1.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:45 pm
Author: AlexDenton Location: Rufoli!
If we're speaking about CTF, I totally agree. But on TS, I don't.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:37 pm
Author: mifo[SK]
Ctf only, yes. Played paris 3 times, loved it, cause it was different and good. Lets play at least 5 maps instead of 4 and uptown when you play against b00bs?
Dont know if there are any more maps as good as paris to be added.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm
Author: origin Location: e
definitely , was talking for ctf ^^.

Never played ts on this map tbh.

im glad that /Z/ clan and myself arent the only ones to love paris ^^

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm
Author: HaDuZz Location: Sweden
f1 for paris ! Smile

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm
Author: Nikkerz Location: Carson City, NV USA
I'm not playing CTF this season but I have played Paris CTF before and it was fun. F1 for adding it for CTF.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am
Author: LemoNade Location: POLAND / JELENIA GÓRA
F1 Very Happy Paris is great map for ctf Smile

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 am
Author: KJT. Location: Esende/SND
Paris is better than really shitty ctf's map like
ut4_crossing
ut4_docks
ut4_elgin
ut4_harbortown
ut4_kingdom_rc6
ut4_oildepot
ut4_ramelle
ut4_ricochet
ut4_riyadh
ut4_sanctuary
ut4_sliema
ut4_swim
ut4_thingley
ut4_toxic
ut4_tunis

(my subjective list)

i cant understand why paris isnt allowed

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 pm
Author: Ollx
F1 :D!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm
Author: MasteR-HaT
F1 for Paris and one baguette for me Very Happy

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm
Author: brejnless Location: Sweden
I dunno why but the title really cracks me up. Prolly because of that stereotype baguette + bad grammar.
Btw, had a piece of baguette for breakfast, delicious. And yea, 1+ for Paris, w/e It's not off topic