Urban Zone › Community Forums › Issues and Ideas › Streak bug

Urban Zone

Issues and Ideas

Streak bug

Streak bug

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Author: Gnurkus Location: Netherlands
I noticed that there is a bug on our divison page (that is division 6 ctf). After winning the first two matches the streak says: 1W. Offcourse that should be 2W because of the two wins Wink

Re: Streak bug

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm
Author: Kendle
Yeah, it's an issue I've never got round to fixing. It doesn't actually look at recent performance it simply sets a flag when a result is entered. If you (or an admin more likely) were to enter a result incorrectly it would reset the flag, and even if the score was immediately corrected the flag wouldn't be set back to the value it should've been in the first place.

I really ought to do that a different way, just no-one ever seems to notice so it keeps getting put off. Embarassed

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:32 am
Author: Gnurkus Location: Netherlands
Well it happened again now, and offcourse, I noticed it again Smile

We now won 3 matches but smt went wrong with the score entering (or the game actually). Anyway it should be 3W now but it says 1W again Wink

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 pm
Author: Kendle
OK, I think I've fixed this. I've used the images from the Ladder display rather than text indicators like "3W" etc. and looked at actual past performance rather than the flags set in the table record.

Here's Div #6 in the CTF League :-

www.urban-zone.org/ind...ivision=14

One drawback of this method is it adds an extra database query per team, which for the CTF League means an extra 59 queries to produce the full table. It'll be interesting to see how or if this effects performance (it shouldn't do but one of the keys points of the competition system is it's very optimised as far as db queries are concerned and I don't really like adding a big chunk of queries like this if it can be helped).