Urban Zone

Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

General Chat

Open letter to UZ admins

Open letter to UZ admins

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Author: stlr
Dear admins,

I have now been banned for 1 year and a half and I would like you to consider the following message.

Firstly, I would like to know what led you to ban me. The motives for my ban are still unclear to me. Was I banned because you assumed that I was starf0x ? Was I banned because you believed that he played on my UZ account ? Or was I banned because you believed that I would enable him to play on my UZ account ?

At least, I know what "proofs" you hold against me. I shared IPs with starf0x a few times and one day I shared my qkey with him. You also blame me because I have 3 or 4 UZ accounts. I know that all of this is real. I just wish that you listen to what I've to say.

I only shared IPs with my cousin during holidays. When we had holidays, I used to make him reinstall the game so we could play Urban Terror together (we would play on public servers, on pickup servers or in PCWs). Once our holidays were over, he never lasted long on the game. That had to happen 3 or 4 times. I shared my qkey with him during one of those holidays. The bandwidth of our internet connection was kinda low (I remember that we needed more than 3 hours to download the full game) and the genius I am thought that it would be smart to copy my game on an USB key and then to paste it on his computer. My other UZ accounts are very old as I created them when I started playing Urban Terror (I didn't know that it was possible to rename an account). I checked the dates and I'm kinda sure that my cousin was still active on the game when I created those accounts.

Moreover, my cousin was quite infamous when he was still active and many french players had to deal with him. Some of them still play Urban Terror and testified that starf0x and I are different persons back when I was banned. I've always done my best to abide by the rules of Urban Zone.

I believe that you admins hold a grudge against my cousin and I won't blame you for it. He did what he has done and must have earned what he deserved to earn.

I know that it's very unlikely that I will ever be unbanned. Yet I hope that we can reach a mutual agreement. The following will change either you consider that I'm starf0x or not.
If you still believe that I am starf0x even though numerous french players testified that this was wrong, then I can bring my cousin on a TS3 server so we could be identified as different persons. If you doubt that I am starf0x, then I don't understand why my ban is permanent. I only hosted him on my internet connection and I shared a qkey with him for only one day (and that was a noob mistake). Balou, who hosted banned players on his UZ account and who shared his auth with permanently banned players ended up with a 6 months long ban (http://urban-zone.org/index.php?name=Competition&file=ban&op=detail&bid=1030).

On my side, I can offer you some self-restrictions. Team leaders could decide not to play against me at season start, I could play on a single IP, and I could record my matchs on TS3 so you could make sure that I am the one playing.

Thank you for your attentive reading,

stlr.

Re: Open letter to UZ admins

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Author: Chiko
(°3°)

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 pm
Author: swaginacup
xd thought this was sze trying to get unbanned from the uz forums xD. #freestlr

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm
Author: KJT. Location: Esende/SND
XD

Unban starf0x, he is banned much longer.

Stlr can wait.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:08 pm
Author: ThomasE-Warfare
Unbann both!
We need more active players.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 pm
Author: Zmbiie Location: France
What, we can rename our UZ account ? And I've been using zmbiie for years ? Sad

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 pm
Yes. But you miss my point x)

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:52 pm
Author: Niedzwiedz
He still got hope, like those guys :/ www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZXBsiKJ3o

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:27 pm
Author: Gost0r
UZ has never given the information of how someone was caught for obvious reasons. Therefore, I am not going to discuss any details about how and why UZ actually thinks that the ban is justified.

Last time I listened to what you said, we have literally spent three hours on a teamspeak server to exchange arguments. So I don't get what should have changed between today and the discussion we have had a couple weeks/months ago.

Anyway, UZ has never held a grudge against someone, UZ has always been considered neutral. UZ offers a competition to anybody who can behave and stick to the league's rules. Therefore, people who fail to behave or stick to the rules are not welcome anymore to participate.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:28 pm
Author: ikea
unban rocket from gold

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 pm
- Gost0r
UZ has never given the information of how someone was caught for obvious reasons. Therefore, I am not going to discuss any details about how and why UZ actually thinks that the ban is justified.

I don't need a confirmation from Urban Zone to know what is held against me. I know better than anyone else what I can be blamed for and I've said it.

- Gost0r
Anyway, UZ has never held a grudge against someone, UZ has always been considered neutral. UZ offers a competition to anybody who can behave and stick to the league's rules. Therefore, people who fail to behave or stick to the rules are not welcome anymore to participate.

You misunderstood me. I meant that I believe that Urban Zone would never unban my cousin considering what he has done by the past (and that I'm okay with that). He failed to behave. He failed to stick to the rules. From the moment that I created my first account on Urban Zone, I have never been blamed for my behavior on Urban Zone and I've always stuck to the rules. I created teams and played for teams that entertained dozens of people. I've always done my best to make division 1 as challenging as possible. I played Urban Zone at my very best level and kept suggesting how to improve its format.

Furthermore, there are no Urban Zone rules that prohibit to share IPs or qkeys with banned players. Some LANs would have brought entire teams into the banlist if such a rule existed... And that's exactly what I did : LANs with my cousin.

- Gost0r
Last time I listened to what you said, we have literally spent three hours on a teamspeak server to exchange arguments. So I don't get what should have changed between today and the discussion we have had a couple weeks/months ago.

Warning, may sound rude. That is exactly what I am mad at. You feel like you listened to me but you only listened to yourself. You chose not to unban me. You did not ask your community for its opinion. I would have expected you to consult the players who had to deal with me while I was not banned. You answer the message I post the very next day. How is it possible ?

You also ignore everything that I've got to contest this ban. People have testified that starf0x and I were different persons (one is even an Urban Zone referee). People can still testify that starf0x and I are different persons. I can bring starf0x on a TS3 server. People who hosted banned players on their accounts were banned for 6 months. People who shared they auth key with permanently banned players were banned for 6 months. Not to mention my last paragraph.

Playing Urban Zone may not be a right, but to handle a ban such a way is everything but right.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:02 am
Author: G-staPRO Location: Russia
- Zmbiie
And I've been using zmbiie for years ? Sad

Same here! My account is G[damn!]staPRO but I was always Saladdin in every match I played)

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm
Author: SachkaHDDEV
If we let guys like minisnow come back, I think Stealer has the right to come back as well. Minisnow was banned with many account (DragonChaos, maduf114, Flash, |M0P|Speedy, MiniSnoW, RedDrake, urtsn0w, aeken, Zizlou, SarGenT1, Magnetic, takenboy, Agir, n7xx, inkaZiTum, zabaleta, Luaa, XStriker) and maybe actually he cheating too.. only god know..
I think stealer has the right to come back after that.. there are a lot of old cheaters who recently comeback to urban terror so let stealer join too.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 pm
Author: SnoW-
WTF why you talk about me if the topic is about stealer lol just because he raged with me in a random server KAKAKAKAKAKAKAkAKKAKAKAKAKA

And sorry dude no i don't cheat.. i need to tell ya ur a bot.

Btw i were banned over 3 years he's banned for 1.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm
Well I think that you two miss my point. I’ve nothing to do with people as MiniSnoW or my cousin. MiniSnoW, I’ve been banned for 1 year and a half for things I can prove wrong.