Urban Zone › Community Forums › Issues and Ideas › Issue with Internet Explorer 9 and the Find option

Urban Zone

Issues and Ideas

Issue with Internet Explorer 9 and the Find option

Issue with Internet Explorer 9 and the Find option

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 pm
Author: Killerkarla Location: Germany
Hi,

while using the Internet Explorer 9, the Find option in the section "Competition -> Players" or "... -> Teams" is not working properly.
It is not possible to find a player or team by entering the full name, a part of the name or just some letters.

E.g. searching for the anoying Killerkarla leads to the url "http://www.urban-zone.org/index.php?display=1&sact=1&srec=0&flag=&sname=Killerkarla", but the website is redirected to the start page.

With Firefox 6 or Safari 5 the Find option is working well (full name or parts of the name and all related names are shown).

Regards,
KK

Re: Issue with Internet Explorer 9 and the Find option

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 am
Author: Kendle
Can't reproduce this, works fine for me in IE9.

What's missing from the URL you posted is the "name=Competition" bit, and I'd be at a loss to explain why the URL would be different depending on what browser you're using. The URL is generated by the CMS and there's no code in the CMS function that produces it that references which browser you're using.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm
Thanks Kendle for your feedback.
Hm as long as it is not reproducible, it must be a problem for my IE9 running on Win 7 HPE 64bit.
So lets see, if someone else reports a similar behavior, otherwise plz close this issue.

Regards,
KK

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Author: r4g3b0rn Location: United States, Texas
You should also have an Internet Explorer 64bit, it works better with win 7 64 bit for some strange reason. There are things that don't work for me when I use the regular one that do with the 64 bit one.

You might also try Google Chrome, to me its better than any of the browsers out there...plus you can play angry birds on it xD

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 am
Author: Skipper
Have the same issue. But only when i start the search with "Enter". If i click on the "find"-button all works fine and i get a correct result.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 am
Author: Kendle
Win 7 Pro 32 bit + IE9, works when I press Enter and when I click Find.

I can only assume it's some weirdness with Win 7 64 bit, but I don't have a 64 bit Win 7 PC to test it on.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm
Great tip @Skipper.
Using the find button, and the search is working properly with IE9.

@r4g3b0rn, IE9 64-bit is not yet fully operational, since flash is only supported in the 32-bit version.
I played angry birds on my Mac Safari, too Smile So there is no need to install Chrome Smile

@Kendle, I guess there is no focus option set to the "Find" button and when I am pressing Return after entering the name to search, the page is maybe reloaded.
With the hint of Skipper, the search is working fine with IE9, too...

Thx all for your hints

KK