Urban Zone › Community Forums › Winter Cup 4.2 Testing › Winter Cup 4.2 Input

Urban Zone

Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Winter Cup 4.2 Testing

Winter Cup 4.2 Input

Winter Cup 4.2 Input

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 am
Author: eya_allam Location: Slovakia
Welcome to the 4.2 section. We are hoping for your input on how to improve 4.2 for competition play as well as reports of any bugs you manage to discover ingame. There are a few rules of conduct we want you to observe.

1/ Keep it polite. No name calling. No flaming. No threats.
2/ Keep it constructive. If you want to report a bug, give us real information. "This is fooked up" is not good enough. Describe the problem, show us screenshots, describe what happened.
3/ Read the other topics before making your own. If there is a topic describing a problem similar to yours, post in that topic. It will help Raider and anyone else keeping an eye on your post keep track of what's going on.

We reserve the right to lock or remove any topic that veer into insult territory. We are asking you to express your opinion but keep it clean and to the point.

If you want to tell FS how much you love something, do - they've been given enough crap already, they could do with a little praise about what they did right.

Re: Winter Cup 4.2 Input

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm
Author: RaideR
Thanks. We are excited to see how Urrban Terror 4.2 works in the League structure here at Urban-Zone. Please tell me about any and all of your concerns, I will take each and every one of them to the dev team for discussion.

If you need help with UrT Accounts / Groups or Auth, please goto the forum at www.urbanterror.info for support from an accounts admin.

I will be all over this WC, and maybe put in an appearance on a shoutcat or server near you :).

The VERY best of luck to you all and happy 4.2 fraging:D

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 am
Author: rYuuJiN
Since I feel more comfortable in the competitive scene, I will give my feedback of .009 on the Urban-Zone forums.

Animations:
Animation movement is too spastic. When facing an opponent it's hard to tell what he is up to. Hard to spot if the opponent is going to crouch or jump backwards or forwards or just move from the left to the right. Because of the spastic movement(the shivering of the legs, the swinging with the arms), I keep on hitting all parts of the body instead of just the clear 4x kevlar like in 4.1. The crouch can be very suprising, cause the model ducks down like he is taking a dive, which may give the use of crouching a huge advantage, not sure if this is a good or not. Now I don't know if this is Frozen Sand's intention, but the current animation movement makes the game more random when it comes to a fighting scene ingame.

The new animations make the game more living and in certain ways realistic, but it wouldn't hurt to keep the animation movement a bit more static like in 4.1 for a more comfortable gameplay.

Skins:
Love the new red and blue. Also awesome to have the tshirts back, viewable bear skin arms, brings back the old classic street theme which makes this game unique and awesome.

Desert Eagle:
Awesome. However it is confusing weather if there is a berreta or desert eagle laying down. May want to add something to the animation to define them.

Spas:
Oefff.. hard to say. Not sure about the new skin, the old spas skin really fits in the street scene with the colors blue and red, it just fits. The new spas skin with the brown color doesn't really fit with the red and blue. Now what is more important, the damage! Me is told that the spas is made stronger, I can't agree. The power of spas was the fact that you just had to aim on the whole body, it didn't matter where, now you have to aim on a certain part again for a better damage output, which makes it harder to play with. The knockback is not working.. the idea of spas is to get close for hard damage, but now you just stomp them away with knockback which decreases your damage every inch. Haven't seen any strong spas player in 4.2 yet, and I doubt there will be.

Glock:
Fun adding, but I'm pretty sure it won't compete with the desert eagle. Takes a lot of aiming to actually gain profit from the gun.

Switching weapon habit:
Got the habit to switch my weapon from primary to sidearm back to primary back to sidearm etc. In 4.2 it often doesn't switch when I do this very fast while I don't have this problem on 4.1. Small details like this have a big impact on the gameplay, I think smooth/fast weapon switching is highly important in a fast paced fps like UrT.

Auth system:
Brilliant, excellent work. Might want to make the auth names not viewable in scoreboard, but for admin eyes only. I'm not kidding, it's no fun for a well known UrT player being unable to hide from fans, trolls and more.

.009 is shows progress, so keep up the good work!

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:48 am
Small sidenote:
Hits are better, but can't tell if it's actually worth it when hitting alot of arms and legs when trying to aim on that torso.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 am
Author: Azle
+1 to my fellow rYuu

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 am
Author: The-spiki Location: Macedonia
F1 on majority of what Ryu said.

My first comments about spas was exactly that. You shoot someone, he gets pushed away, so next shots are with decreased hit damage. Doesn't make sense.

Even though majority of the UrT scene is still playing 4.1 it does look as if everyone doesn't mind transfer to 4.2.x at some not so distant point.

So, keep up the good work.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 pm
Author: Jepapa
Agreed with pretty much everything that's listed above. The animations did look quite disturbing at first, but I'm sure everyone will get used to them.

And what comes to 'the Glock', I blasted my first triple helmet shot (scream my name!) with the Glock's burst in a CW yesterday. It definitely felt awesome and it will absolutely be my choice of pistol in the future. Who knows whether it will prove to be more useful than DE. It is certainly handier than Beretta.

Anyway, 4.2 is getting better and better all the time. So, as mentioned before, keep up the good work.

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:05 am
Author: papa90
I thinks majority of the UrT scene is still playing 4.1 it does look as if everyone doesn't mind transfer to 4.2.x at some not so distant point Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .

Best flash online games all free only in friv games online.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:02 pm
In 4.1 it was possible to powerslide off an lowerplaced objective, in 4.2 it's not possible on all spots anymore, is this supposed to be? I don't know how to explain this, I could show it to someone in a server. Raider?

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:24 pm
Author: mvt-
You mean like when you're powersliding and planting the bomb contemporarily it stops from powersliding?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 am
Author: yore Location: Poznan, Poland
I think rYuuJiN wrote about sliding down from window stairs to office on Turnpike for example.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Author: RaideR
Thanks everyone who has contributed here. I respect you all for you good attitude towards giving feedback on 009!

I have passed on the comments to the team, and as soon as i can formulate you some official response i will post them back.

I'm just passing thru for 2 days (over the holiday season) and will get right back to you shortly.

Thanks!

R

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 pm
Author: Zwiebi Location: chair
I already wrote on the urt.info forum, but I thought I should share my opinion (and proposed changes) on the Glock here too.

In my opinion the Glock could use some buffing (For those who haven't tried it yet, damage figures for the Glock: 60 head / 40 helmet / 33 torso / 23 kevlar / 14 legs-arms). Right now, it is a bit different Beretta. Everyone is using the DE, because it can save you in situations where no other weapon can. It has the capability to kill with a double tap in most cases. Double helmet, double torso, helmet+kevlar, helmet+torso, double kevlar if the enemy got hit just a single time before, and then we haven't even started to talk about enemies with low health...
With the Glock and the Beretta, you still need 3 helmet (and in the case of the Glock, double headshot) shots or 5 kevlar hits to kill someone which is unrealistic in most situations. You have to be really lucky to get 5 kevlars in a row and even if you can do this, the enemy is still shooting at you with a probably much more powerful weapon.
Right now, the Glock is a really nice weapon to finish off enemies on publics if you run out of ammo from your main gun, but this is all it is good for.
I think I saw the Beretta once in a fragmovie. Other than that I never saw it being used in a proper competitive match, and given that the Glock has the the same capability (number of required hits to kill someone), I don't think it will be a popular weapon.

If I could recommend damage output changes (and I understand, that this should be a different weapon than the DE):

100 head / 50 helmet / 42 torso / 25 kevlar / 16 legs-arms.

1 kill headshot is obvious.

Double helmet works.

4 kevlar hits is still not as ideal as with the DE (3), but this is supposed to be a different gun. Still tho, 4 is possible to make.

3 torso hits to kill, is again, only 1 hit more than with DE. However you still need 3 hits to kill an enemy who dropped the kevlar to run to a medic, and now is at 90% without kevlar. (So the Glock wouldn't be too powerful). (Double torso + arm/leg works too if the enemy is not wearing a kevlar.)

Kevlar-kevlar-helmet is a nice combination, that would work now. Still not easy do get this combination with a pistol, but at least it is possible unlike 3 kevlar + 1 helmet with the current settings.

Also: 3 leg/arm shot with mine gives you 48% damage. So 2 kevlar and 3 legshot is a bleedout kill, but not an instant kill. Same with 3 leg/arm and a helmet shot. This would be nice, because even tho it is a kill (nearly the same damage as 1 torso shot from the PSG), but it still gives a chance for example a sniper to get 1 shot off (or to shoot back with a DE Smile ).

And some more stats about balance:

Number of hits to kill an opponent with the Glock:

With current settings:

DE / Glock / Beretta

1 / 2 / 1 - Head
2 / 3 / 3 - Helmet
3 / 5 / 5 - Kevlar
2 / 3.5 / 4 - Torso //only bleedout with Glock
5 / 7 / 9 - Arms/Legs //bleedout with Beretta, but since you already need 9 shots (long time), it's an "instant" kill

With the tweaked settings I posted above:

DE / Glock / Beretta

1 / 1 / 1 - Head
2 / 2 / 3 - Helmet
3 / 4 / 5 - Kevlar
2 / 3 / 4 - Torso
5 / 7 / 9 - Arms/Legs //bleedout with Beretta

7 / 12 / 15 - Ammo capacity. 11 would be a middle ground, but maybe 10 would be better, to nerf it down a bit. Would require some testing.

And just a few last words: Everyone is using the DE. No one is using the Beretta. If the new gun is similar in strength to the DE, they might use it. If it's similar to the gun that no one is using, than still no one will use it. This gun is supposed to bring some more option for the players, but with the current settings, it will be just another ignored item. It will only be used if the players think that this gun might give them an advantage over the DE.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm
Author: Nikkerz Location: Carson City, NV USA
- rYuuJiN
Since I feel more comfortable in the competitive scene, I will give my feedback of .009 on the Urban-Zone forums.

Animations:
Animation movement is too spastic. When facing an opponent it's hard to tell what he is up to. Hard to spot if the opponent is going to crouch or jump backwards or forwards or just move from the left to the right. Because of the spastic movement(the shivering of the legs, the swinging with the arms), I keep on hitting all parts of the body instead of just the clear 4x kevlar like in 4.1. The crouch can be very suprising, cause the model ducks down like he is taking a dive, which may give the use of crouching a huge advantage, not sure if this is a good or not. Now I don't know if this is Frozen Sand's intention, but the current animation movement makes the game more random when it comes to a fighting scene ingame.

The new animations make the game more living and in certain ways realistic, but it wouldn't hurt to keep the animation movement a bit more static like in 4.1 for a more comfortable gameplay.

IMO these animations completely kill any chance of 4.2 being taken seriously. The few times we've tried it in wintercup, we've basically died laughing watching casual, everyday jumps around maps. The medding animation looks like an unorthodox salute from 80 years ago. The crouch spam is pretty ridiculous. Their movement in general just seems odd. I recall in one release a developer saying we got our 4.1 animations back, did this change at some point?

- rYuuJiN
Skins:
Love the new red and blue. Also awesome to have the tshirts back, viewable bear skin arms, brings back the old classic street theme which makes this game unique and awesome.

Desert Eagle:
Awesome. However it is confusing weather if there is a berreta or desert eagle laying down. May want to add something to the animation to define them.

It might be just me but I can't seem to use the DE for crap in 4.2. But this also probably goes with the weird animations throwing the whole game play off.

- rYuuJiN
Spas:
Oefff.. hard to say. Not sure about the new skin, the old spas skin really fits in the street scene with the colors blue and red, it just fits. The new spas skin with the brown color doesn't really fit with the red and blue. Now what is more important, the damage! Me is told that the spas is made stronger, I can't agree. The power of spas was the fact that you just had to aim on the whole body, it didn't matter where, now you have to aim on a certain part again for a better damage output, which makes it harder to play with. The knockback is not working.. the idea of spas is to get close for hard damage, but now you just stomp them away with knockback which decreases your damage every inch. Haven't seen any strong spas player in 4.2 yet, and I doubt there will be.

My loadout has never contained a spas but one guy on our team has played with the spas regularly for a very long time and wont touch the 4.2 spas after testing it out. Had another guy last night trying to use it as a secondary and wont touch it again as well. You may want to rethink the changes you made to the spas :/

- rYuuJiN
Glock:
Fun adding, but I'm pretty sure it won't compete with the desert eagle. Takes a lot of aiming to actually gain profit from the gun.

Is the glock really supposed to sound like it does?

- rYuuJiN
Switching weapon habit:
Got the habit to switch my weapon from primary to sidearm back to primary back to sidearm etc. In 4.2 it often doesn't switch when I do this very fast while I don't have this problem on 4.1. Small details like this have a big impact on the gameplay, I think smooth/fast weapon switching is highly important in a fast paced fps like UrT.

Auth system:
Brilliant, excellent work. Might want to make the auth names not viewable in scoreboard, but for admin eyes only. I'm not kidding, it's no fun for a well known UrT player being unable to hide from fans, trolls and more.

This x 100. It's really no one's business on a server who you are besides an admins. I need to go back and double-check my rcon status screenshots but adding the line in rcon status should be more than enough. There's no reason to have your auth name on the score board.

Also, I'm still getting horrible FPS drops. It's really hard to test out 4.2 on the maps chosen for wintercup because a lot of third party maps have issues (like FPS drops), but I am still getting drops on maps most play normally. Abbey, tohunga, which I know is an FPS killer to some but I've seen a drastic difference between 4.1 and 4.2 (why?), even turnpike.

The new flag skins are pretty neat too.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm
Author: LtStriker
Hey

I've seen someone mention the FPS drops. I confirm the FPS issues in 4.2.009. Rammelle has issues as well. Has anyone had the large server lag spikes while in tournament play?

Thanks,

LtStriker