Urban Zone › Community Forums › General Chat › High-Pingers

Urban Zone

General Chat

High-Pingers

High-Pingers

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm
Author: LT.Bernie
Hi There,

does anybody know, why some UZ-players have exactly high-pings of 100, 150 or 200 ?
does anybody know, why some teams play with exactly one high pinger in their line-up with for example constant 150 and the others have normal ping ?
is there any good reason for it ?
is it a kind of cheat ?
is it only me who thinks that this is something strange phenomena ?

questions about questions, good answers are welcome Wink

cheers

Re: High-Pingers

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 am
Author: AlexDenton Location: Rufoli!
Well, sometimes euro teams have a couple of Americans (be it south or north) who ping 150/200 on euro servers.
I'm also pinging 200 in Owls' server (which I believe is NL) and I'm from Italy.
I don't tend to consider it a cheat, to me: the higer the ping is, the worse I play.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:13 am
Author: skill..? Location: England
You don't cheat ? you sure? you are in imd how can you not hack o.0 Very Happy

Last edited by skill..? on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 am
Author: Nebel
As I already explain in detail on the screenshot: just hacks.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:01 am
Author: Homer-Fin-
Nice thumb, Nebel.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm
Author: RAW-mEAT
- Homer-Fin-
Nice thumb, Nebel.

it looks splendid on my nokia 3210.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm
Author: AlexDenton Location: Rufoli!
- skill..?
You don't cheat ? you sure? you are in imd how can you not hack o.0 Very Happy

I'm not sure who you are but I just ask you (and your b00bs friends I suppose) to kindly avoid off-topic. This poor guy was only asking about high pingers, he deserves an actual reply, all in all.

If you want to insult imd, feel free to pm me or the leader. Or even open a your own "imd-insult-related-thread", thanks.

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm
Author: zzer
lol -=GF=-LT.Bernie,sometimes high pinger can simply be a guy outside of europe or someone with a bad net.
for example my ping is 90-100 and somtimes even 200,im not living in europe and most of times my net gets screwed and goes 250 ping .

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 pm
Author: Maku Location: England
Better image (click) to fix the possible misunderstanding.

Also my answer is pretty much the same as what others have said - some mostly euro teams have a few people from outside Europe in them, and I don't know of any way this could be used as a cheat

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Author: Nebel
- RAW-mEAT
- Homer-Fin-
Nice thumb, Nebel.

it looks splendid on my nokia 3210.

You know that is my actual screen size!

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 pm
Author: eya_allam Location: Slovakia
the most likely answer is what these good people gave you - just high pingers. it can also be a cheat

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm
Author: rYuuJiN
- eya_allam
the most likely answer is what these good people gave you - just high pingers. it can also be a cheat

don't make this good chap paranoid Razz cheats dont exist! its a myth!

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm
Author: Nikkerz Location: Carson City, NV USA
Being an American on the Western side of the US, I always ping 170-200 to Euro servers - usually right on the nose of 200 with most servers I've played on. On the same note, someone with a consistent/smooth connection pinging 200 is a lot different than someone playing on crappy wireless pinging 200.

As for it being a cheat...what? Some of us just don't live next door to the servers. You can artificially spoof your ping but from what I know, it really wouldn't work out in the best interest for the person doing it either.

I had to edit this about 20 bajillion times because I kept reading the original post wrong lol

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 am
Author: eya_allam Location: Slovakia
ryuujin, the king of paranoia chiding me? jeez louise Smile okay, hon, no more scaring kids