Sound?

For all random banter.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Sound?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 am

Hello UZL,
One of the biggest problems I've had is with sound knowing where ppl are and where they are coming from. Now I ask wht type of headset/headphones/earphones do u guys use and are really good for this game. Also if u use some other form other than the ones I listed plz let me know.
P.S. NO TROLLING THIS SHIT IS SERIOUS MAYNE!!

xenolith

Re: Sound?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 am

you have to factor in:

- experience (understand/know what a particular sound "means"... what it is caused by)
- hardware (i use some akg headphones)
- the urt build you are using (there are optimized builds out there that got audio enhencements, go to urbanterror.info and take a look in the os section .. there you should find a sticky topic and additional a download link for one of those builds)

cheers

karl

edit:
i forgot to add #4: VOLUME !!! : )
and #5: turn off the in-game music and
#6: reduce all ambient distractions (close that window and close the door to the nursery if your baby is crying again ... it will stop ... eventually ... at some point... all by itself)

KarlMariaSeeberg

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 am

I use a, few years old, soundcard from Creative (SB X-Fi) and a , also few years old, headset from Sennheiser (PC161) and i use the sound settings from nexu www.urban-zone.org/urb...b/nexu.cfg

For me the hardware it's still good enough and nexus settings work good for me

It's on you how many money you will spend for it but i would buy from this company again

hjr

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah id suggest to get ikalizer or similar sound engine that makes a difference, then i suggest to get a decent soundcard, its not necessary but it makes the 3d sound better.
And ofc headphones are important, i dont suggest getting a headset because those are mainly overrated alone for the "gaming" logo.
I use sennheiser hd 449 and zalman mic and well the quality of both kicks ass, there is absolutely no way to miss any loud enemies.

A little bit more expensive headphones would be sennheiser hd 598, but the quality would improve. However not so much in 3d game sounds, rather in music and comfort.
And a cheaper option would be akg k77, the quality is very good for that price
Its down to you which you would take, i can only suggest visiting a local shop and testing them out, some may be too small (not the akg :O) and some may be not comfortable.

ineFFicieNt

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm using Behringer HPS 3000 ...it's not rly a headphone for this kind of usage (these are headphones from my dad's music studio), but they are excellent! Very Happy

zikas

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:53 pm

you don't need sound enhancing mods, you can take the game as is and get good sound. and the guys here already told you how. lower music settings, amp up game sounds, cut down ambient noise, and gather some experience playing, don't go the lazyass lame way. I usually use a creative headset, don't even remember the number. it's the only one with a neckband and leatherette padding. that's pretty much my only indulgence - I find that raised borders on the cups block out ambient better, at least for me. my whole rig is like 6 yrs old and I use the onboard sound card, you don't need much in way of hardware to play this game efficiently.

eya_allam
Admin
Admin

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 am

www.bestbuy.com/site/J...Id=3294573

This is all I use, I can hear location and everything great! Plus, they are only like $20

ReigN
Wannabe
Wannabe

Page 1 of 1