Dirty Bomb: A new competitive first person shooter!

For all random banter.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Dirty Bomb: A new competitive first person shooter!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Good afternoon UZL,

Dirty Bomb is a “Free2Play” class-based first person shooter with great competitive opportunities. Dirty Bomb is currently under development and being made by Splash Damage. Splash Damage was also the producer of one of the greatest class-based competitive first person shooters off all time: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Whoever is a big fan of competitive first person shooters should know this game. Dirty Bomb is not a remake of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, but is sure to provide you with the nostalgic feeling of playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Enough said about Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Let’s focus on Dirty Bomb. Dirty Bomb is situated in the near-future London. It is possible to choose between two sides. One side will be defending the objective and the other side will have to break through the defenses and destroy the objective. This is how a basic map is built. Of course there will be varieties of this concept with different stages and objectives.

I can imagine that you are curious about the classes available in Dirty Bomb. You can choose between the following classes;
- Medic (Revive and heal your teammates);
- Field Ops (Provide your teammates with ammo and throw airstrikes to wipe out enemies);
- Soldier (The heavy damage class);
- Engineer (Destroy the objectives with your dynamites);
- Covert Ops (Provide your team with sniper support and sneak your way past your enemies).

Further information on the classes will be provided in a future article on Evac Zone!

Now you might have the following question: how are the classes balanced to prevent overpowered classes? To solve this problem Splash Damage uses software called “Echo”. Developers used to balance game features by observing the game themselves. Of course this gave them limited information, because there is only so much a person can observe. This is why Splash Damage created “Echo”. “Echo” is a software program that observes a game that is being played. It tracks the amount of deaths in each map, the classes, clips per kill and so on. After a match has been played “Echo” allows the game developers to review the games on a 2D map and with statistics projected in a graphs. This information was used to change spawn points, spawn times, clip sizes and so on. These changes provided Dirty Bomb with a very balanced gameplay.

At the moment a few lucky people are able to play the closed Alpha of Dirty Bomb. The Alpha is the first version of the game. Splash Damage decided to make it playable to receive feedback from the players, to improve the game tremendously and optimize the gaming experience for every player. Soon it will also be possible to be a part of the closed Beta. On www.dirtybombgame.com you are able to buy Founder’s Packs. These pack will grant you access to the Beta or even the Alpha version of the game. The money received from these Founder’s Packs will be used to develop the game.

If you are not convinced Dirty Bomb is going to be an awesome game, then I would suggest you watch the trailer shown below.

Dirty Bomb Trailer

For the people who are excited to learn more about Dirty Bomb and want to follow the development of Dirty Bomb, be sure to bookmark www.evaczone.org or follow Evac Zone on twitter @EvacZoneTV. Evac Zone will provide the Dirty Bomb community with a community forum, recruitment forums, news, and everything related to the competitive scene of Dirty Bomb.

I hope to see you at www.evaczone.org!

~acidhouse a.k.a. infamous
#1 Newcomer to utr ^^

acidhouse

Re: Dirty Bomb: A new competitive first person shooter!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm

There is only space for UrT in my heart Smile

hjr

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:19 pm

I saw a gameplay of this game and i have to say that this game is garbage unless they give it some arcade type speed like wolf et and rtcw had. If your goal is to make a PC Shooter, then stop limiting it with console movement restrictions -,-'. (Only UrT for me <3)

Rudietje

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Could fix the link in your post, the ! on the end breaks it. The URL should be www.evaczone.org

I'm in the closed Alpha for DirtyBomb, but we're all under NDA so can't say anything about it yet. Smile

Kendle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 pm

@Rudietje: I completely agree that they have to implement some kind of trickjumping/movements into the game Wink

@Kendle: Thanks for the fix up ^^ Nice though and I know haha. That's why the info is limited at the moment ^^
#1 Newcomer to utr ^^

acidhouse

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Could only be me but it sure feels disrespectful & inappropriate posting your advertisement straight into the forum of another games league. where it feels awkwardly out of place. Anyway gl with that project. I srsly used to love Wolfenstein, there was not a single thing wrong about that game but for me this totally looks like a remake in a modern design to catch up on the casual gamers free2play hype.

And Rudietje is totally right about the console-shooter design. Most ppl here propably play UrT because it's an fragment of those days when fpshooters where made for the PC and had some requirement concerning skill. Make your games that way again and don't betray us for the cash. Maybe and only maybe then we try your stuff again and find out if it feels like coming home. Wink

HummelHeXer

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 am

Great! I've always been Wolf:ET fan. Great game. Trailer looked nice too.

Homer-Fin-
Webmaster
Webmaster

Page 1 of 1